I am a health services researcher with a focus on research into the diagnosis, management and prevention of chronic diseases, particularly chronic respiratory disease, in primary health care and health literacy, health services coordination and integration.
C1 - Journal Article
- 2016, "An explorative qualitative study on acceptability of physical activity assessment instruments among primary care professionals in southern Sydney", BMC Family Practice, BioMed Central Ltd., United Kingdom, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 1-12
- 2016, "Early intervention for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by practice nurse and GP teams: a cluster randomized trial", Family Practice, Oxford University Press, United Kingdom, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 663-670
- 2016, "Are falls prevention programs effective at reducing the risk factors for falls in people with type-2 diabetes mellitus and peripheral neuropathy: A systematic review with narrative synthesis", Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications, Elsevier, United States, vol. Article in press
- 2016, "Resourcing an evolution of roles in general-practice: A study to determine the validity and reliability of tools to assist nurses and patients to assess physical activity", Australian Journal of Primary Health, CSIRO Publishing, Australia, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 505-509
- 2016, "Community-based exercise training for people with chronic respiratory and chronic cardiac disease: a mixed-methods evaluation", International Journal of COPD, Dove Medical Press Ltd., New Zealand, vol. 11, pp. 2839-2850
- 2016, "Experiences and views of a brokerage model for primary care for Aboriginal people", Australian Health Review, CSIRO Publishing, Australia, vol. Article in Press
- Nguyen T, Dennis S, An H, Vagholkar S, Liaw ST 2016, "Psychological distress among Vietnamese adults attending Vietnamese-speaking general practices in South Western Sydney: Prevalence and associations", Australian Journal of Primary Health, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 354-359
- Dennis S, Noon T, Liaw ST 2016, "Is there a role for a primary health nurse in a learning support team in a disadvantaged high school? Evaluation of a pilot study", Australian Journal of Primary Health, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 530-538
- 2016, "Prevalence and determinants of fatigue following total knee replacement: a longitudinal cohort study", Arthritis Care and Research, John Wiley & Sons, United States, vol. Article in Press, no. doi: 10.1002/acr.22861
- 2015, "Challenges to establishing successful partnerships in community health promotion programs: Local experiences from the national implementation of healthy eating activity and lifestyle (HEAL) program", Health Promotion Journal of Australia, Australian Health Promotion Association, Australia, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 45-51
- Lau AYS; Arguel A; Dennis S; Liaw ST; Coiera E 2015, "Why Didn't it Work?" Lessons From a Randomized Controlled Trial of a Web-based Personally Controlled Health Management System for Adults with Asthma, Journal of Medical Internet Research, Centre for Global Health Innovation, Canada, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 1-13
- 2015, "Primary health care-level interventions targeting health literacy and their effect on weight loss: a systematic review", BMC Obesity, BioMed Central Ltd., UK, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1-16
- 2014, Quality of care measures in multimorbidity, Australian Family Physician, The Royal Australian College of General Practition, Australia, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 132-136
- 2014, "Understanding how self-management interventions work for disadvantaged populations living with chronic conditions: Protocol for a realist synthesis", BMJ Open, BMJ Publishing Group, United Kingdom, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 1-7
- 2014, "Patients' perspectives on the impact of a new COPD diagnosis in the face of multimorbidity: A qualitative study", NPJ Primary Care Respiratory Medicine, Nature Publishing Group, United Kingdom, vol. 24, pp. 1-6
- 2013, Multimorbidity: negotiating priorities and making progress, Australian Family Physician, The Royal Australian College of General Practition, Australia, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 850-854
E1 - Conference Abstract
- 2015 Activating Primary Care COPD Patients with Multi-morbidity (APCOM) Pilot Project (Postgraduate Scholarship for Sameera Ansari) Nicholas Zwar; Hassan Hosseinzadeh; Sarah May Dennis; NATIONAL HEALTH & MEDICAL RESEARCH COUNCIL.
- 2014 ehealth initiatives and health care integration in gp super clinics ; Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute..
- 2014 e-Health initiatives and health care integration in GP Super Clinics Sarah Dennis; Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute..
- 2014 Emerging models of integrated primary health care centres: their impact on acces and integration of care and contributing factors. Julie McDonald; Grant Russell; Sarah May Dennis; Jeffrey Fuller; Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute.
- 2014 Emerging models of integrated primary health care centres: their impact on access and integration of care and contributing factors Sarah Dennis; Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute..
- 2013 using the electronic practice based research network (epbrn) to prevent re-admission for type-2 diabetes ; HCF HEALTH AND MEDICAL RESEARCH FOUNDATION.
- 2010 A cluster randomised trial of early intervention for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease by practice nurse-GP teams Nicholas Zwar; Sandy Middleton; Helen Reddel; Paul Onno Van Schayck; Alan Crockett; Sarah May Dennis; NATIONAL HEALTH & MEDICAL RESEARCH COUNCIL.
- 2010 Effective determinants for supporting lifestyle health literacy and self management skills in primary health care Mark Fort Harris; Anna May Williams; Sarah May Dennis; Anthony Newall; Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute.